Adjusted Cancellation Policy
In light of the Corona Virus Outbreak, and the potential uncertainty over travel, we have adjusted out cancellation policy for the short term:
- For all bookings already made for stays in 2020 – the terms and conditions for when you booked still apply. However, we are offering to change your reservation free of charge – so you can move your dates up to end December 2021. We agree to keep 2020 prices, and you can carry your deposit over to the new dates, should you feel uncomfortable staying over that period.
- For any new bookings after June 2020, we still require a 50% deposit, but will accept cancellation up to 15 days before arrival.
If you cancel more than 15 days before arrival we will refund any money you have already paid.
The balance is due 14 days before arrival.
If you cancel between 8 and 14 days before arrival, 50% is refundable.
If you cancel 7 days or less before arrival, no refunds will be given.
Please note though : illness and your boss changing his/her mind and cancelling your leave do not qualify.
Usual rules then apply – if we can rent the apartment to someone else, you get back a percentage of whatever we can re-let it for.
- If we as a business are unable to welcome you due to government measures of a lockdown, we will offer to move your booking to another date, or refund any deposits. If you are unable to travel due to a government travel warning, we will refund any deposits paid up to 7 days before arrival; we will offer you a voucher, or change of dates, if you cancel less than 7 days before arrival.
- Changes to bookings will be with no penalty and no price change – provided it is in the same seasonal band.
Changes to a higher band will be charged the price difference.
- If you are unable to travel for any other reason, you should refer to your travel insurance – which we strongly advise should be purchased.
- If any new restrictions are imposed, we will continue to review our policy in line with new announcements.
If you do have any concerns, please contact us.
We strongly advise that travel insurance should be purchased.
Although options are limited at the moment there are companies that are still issuing new policies that cover Covid-19, provided there is no Travel Warning in place in your country of residence.
We are not permitted to recommend which insurance company to use, but a search using Google should help.
These web pages have articles relating to Covid-19 Travel Insurance.
We will be greeting you but respecting the new hygiene and social distancing recommendations.
When you first arrive at check-in we will provide hydro-alcoholic gel for you to sanitize your hands.
We will wear a mask to greet you. We would ask that you to wear a mask as well.
Please use the hydro-alcoholic gel every time you enter the apartment
Cleaning, Disinfecting or Sanitising? What's it all about?
Cleaning and sanitising are two different steps in the overall process, and both are required to lower the risk of contamination.
The main difference between cleaning and sanitizing is that cleaning is the act of clearing debris and deposits on a surface, while sanitizing involves killing bacteria after the surface has already been cleared or wiped off.
- Cleaning removes germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces or objects, by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Sanitizing lowers the number of germs on surfaces or objects. This process works by either cleaning or disinfecting surfaces or objects to lower the risk of spreading infection.
However, we will now be doing even more to ensure that everything is cleaned and sanitised between each guests stay as per the guidelines issued by the Instituto para la Calidad Turística Española (ICTE).
We have been awarded a Responsible Tourism badge and are committed to keeping you safe.
So what are we going to be doing extra at the moment?
We are blocking our calendar for THREE days between bookings so that there is adequate time between stays to ensure your safe stay with us.
This is to allow Piso Feliz to be cleaned even more thoroughly than normal and sanitised ready for you to enjoy your holiday.
As well as the normal cleaning regime, that guests score us very highly on, we will also:-
- Sanitise all keys for your arrival
- Sanitise the main entry door
- Sanitise all soft furnishings
- Disinfect all hard surfaces with bleach solution
- Disinfect all high-touch surfaces with bleach
- Disinfect inside of ALL cupboards in the kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms and living room
- Put all Utensils, cutlery and crockery through dishwasher cycle
- Wash all Linens and towels, including those that appear unused, at 60o
High-touch surface examples
- Door handles
- Controls and switches (e.g. light switches, cooking controls, television and air-con controls)
- Bathroom taps, toilet flush handles, toilet seats
- Furniture such as chairs, tables, and parts of the bed frames (including patio furniture)
- Children facilities such as videos and games
- Refuse, recycling bins, and any waste disposal containers
- Cleaning equipment
- Guest information and brochures
Our cleaners will be wearing PPE when they clean the apartment to protect both us and you!
Also note that it is mandatory in Spain to wear masks when a distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained.
Masks must be worn in public places for example on the street and in shops.
In supermarkets hands must be cleaned with sanitising gel.
Single-use protective gloves are optional – these are provided by the supermarket.
Last Updated on 01/12/2020 by Bev Pomfret (following changes to Spanish restrictions)