In Spain, there is everything from cheap and cheerful bars to plush, expensive restaurants.
Unless you head to a posh restaurant, eating out isn’t usually expensive.
In a Spanish owned bar – tapas are usually about €2 each for a reasonable portion.
However, English owned bars do tend to be more expensive, as are those in the 525 Plaza and “the strip”.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the 525 plaza and strip – also a few in the Oasis area – and dotted round the old town.
These are our favourite restaurants in and around Los Alcázares (or LA as it is known to the locals).
Although we have a great the kitchen in the apartment, who wants to cook when on holiday?
You have to sample the delights of the local cuisine.
- El Patio 2 (LA) – huge indoor barbecue. Great food. Read our detailed description here
- Restaurante Bacchus (LA) – Mediterranean food – great home smoked king prawns for a starter
- Restaurante Asia (San Javier) – Chinese restaurant. Best value around and better than all those in LA
- Rosalind’s Roof Garden (LA) – Mediterranean & British food. Reasonable value
- Run (LA) – various Asian foods including Japanese bento boxes and sushi
- Flavours (LA) – various cuisines including an amazing Thai sticky chicken starter. Evening set menu for about €15
- Otomatua (Dolores) – family owned Chilean restaurant. Big portions and great food.
- Gurka Durbar (LA) – Nepalese and Indian food. Our favourite indian restaurant in the area
- Marsala Cottage (LA) – Indian food – comes a close second to the Gurka Durbar
- Red Rose (Roda) – Indian food
- Roda’s Bar (Roda) – tapas, pizza, paellas, spanish platos combinados. Menu del dia at lunchtime for just €6